- 1 abalone sliced thin and pounded
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped fine or crushed
- 16 shitake mushrooms (soaked for 2 hours in beer) drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken soup stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Rice....cooked ahead of time
Heat a wok and add peanut oil and garlic. After a minute, add the drained mushrooms. Cook on high heat for a minute or two and add the remaining ingredients, except the abalone and cornstarch. When all is very hot, add the cornstarch mixture and stir until a sauce is formed. Add the abalone and cook for a moment. When all is hot, serve over a bed of rice and serve immediately.
It's a great recipe, I hope you like it.